Click on an image to view each project.
Archbishop John Baptist Odama refers to Sacred Heart Seminary (SHS) as the “heart
of the Archdiocese of Gulu.”
• A Minor Seminary that prepares young men for the prieshood and community leadership, and empowers them to help build a better future and serve humanity.
• Founded in 1936 by the Comboni Missionaries who brought the Catholic faith to Northern Uganda and celebrating 82 years of faithful service in 2018.
• Currently more than 175 seminarians are enrolled in studies to become priests.
• Ranked among the best schools in Uganda (114 out of 2900) by performance on government exams.
There are two main challenges facing SACRED HEART SEMINARY today:”
1. REPAIR AGING FACILITIES. Most of the SHS buildings were built in 1937. Classrooms and the computer lab are in dire need of renovation. Computers, printers and related technology are in desperate need of upgrading.
2. FINANCIAL AID FOR STUDENTS. The effects of war have had a lingering economic effect on most families in the Archdiocese of Gulu. Many promising students have to drop out of school because they cannot afford school fees. The SHS Scholarship Fund is the primary means of addressing this reality and you can help. Please consider a generous gift to the scholarship fund and give these students an opportunity to pursue God's Will for their lives.